2002 Jan 02 13:24

Re: [vox] ricochet

> I just installed a perl script called "Ricochet" on my ISP account.
>
>   http://www.vipul.net/ricochet/

Thanks Bill (and Pete!).  It would be nicer to have a script that
would help to automate what *I* do with spam, which is:

(1) Send it to spamcop.

(2) Look up the owner of the IP block containing the IP address
    that connected to my server.

(3) Looking at the results of (1) and (2), decide out if I want to
    block the SMTP client's IP address, its entire network address,
    the sender's email address, or all email from any address
    including the sender's domain.

Obviously this is quite tedious; though the good news is I don't
get much spam any more.  :-)

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/