[vox] Conference Announcement - BSDCon 2002

----- Forwarded message from Ann Tsai <ann@usenix.org> -----
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 16:03:50 -0800
To: lugod@davis.com
From: Ann Tsai <ann@usenix.org>
Subject: Conference Announcement - BSDCon 2002

ATTN:  Linux Users Group of Davis (LUGOD)

Below is a conference announcement for the USENIX BSDCon 2002.  We
believe this conference will be of interest to your members.  Please
let me know if you have a more appropriate method for submitting this
information.

Thank you for your assistance!

Best Regards,

Ann Tsai
Marketing Coordinator
Usenix Association
510-528-8649 x31
ann@usenix.org

Register by January 21, 2002 and SAVE!
http://www.usenix.org/events/bsdcon02

BSDCon 2002
February 11-14, 2002
Cathedral Hill Hotel - San Francisco, California, USA

Join the growing BSD community as we meet to explore the latest
design and implementation of BSD-based systems software at BSDCon.
This years program features keynote presentations by John Mashey of
SenseiPartners and Brett Halle of Apple Computer, as well as a unique
collection of refereed papers and invited talks covering a variety of
topics, including:

- MacOS X and Darwin
- Multiprocessing work for FreeBSD
- NetBSD work on the AMD x86-64 - Packet filtering and virtual private
networks
- the continuing fight against spam
- vulnerabilities of wireless networks
- running a company based on open source software

In addition to exceptional content, BSDCon also features four
professional-level, educational tutorials. Practical and immediately
useful, these courses are an excellent way to improve the depth of
your knowledge about BSD and to stay current with the technology.
BSDCon offers the following tutorials:

* FreeBSD Kernel Internals, Part I and II
* System and Network Security
* Debugging Kernel Problems
* Porting BSD Applications to mac OS X

BSDCon's combination of technical tracks, invited talks, tutorials,
Birds-of-a-Feather sessions, and Work-in-Progress reports provide an
unparalleled opportunity for people of all experience levels to learn
from BSD experts, professionals with real world experience, and
industry leaders.

If you want to develop cutting-edge network applications, learn how
to use BSD as part of enterprise-grade solutions, or just meet the
movers and shakers of the BSD community, then BSDCon is the place to
be!