[vox] Contact Management Software

A question for the group.

There is often allot of talk about Linux on the desktop, and the percieved lack
of Office Applications available that are similar/equal to Microsofts
offerings.  With StarOffice, and Word Perfect I think that the basic office
productivity software is well covered.

One thing that I find missing are contact management type programs, and sales
force automation type software.  Most medium to large businesses will rely
quite heavily on some sort of program that tracks sales contacts, purchases,
Invoicing, etc.  Something like ACT! or other such feature rich PIM.

An open source contact managment software package that would give a company
complete control over upgrades and feature set; while emporing their sales
force with all of the necessary customer information could be the missing link
that pushes Linux on the business desktop.

The dream package would give sales forecasting, sales histroy, invoice history,
contact information, the ability to merge data into documents, statistics
reporting...etc.

Does anyone know of such a package?  (I realize that this could be built from
exising database software, with a nice GUI front end)  but is there an exising
project that anyone knows of?  I've search around and have not found anything
beyond the basic PIM, or custom solutions for specific companies.

Thanks,
George

PS  Did I just give anyone an idea for a new start-up company?