Re: [vox] [ot] french

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> actually, the only reason why i know "chien" is from a pixies song, debaser.
> "i am an andalusian dog"...

which is actually a reference to the Louis Bunuel/Salvador Dali film "Un
Chien Andalou" in which there is a(n) (in)famous scene of a razor blade
being drawn across an eyeball, hence the lines:

 "Got me a movie, I want you to know,
  Slicing up eyeballs, I want you to know"

sorry.. bit of a Dali / French / Pixies fan :)

johnmc.
--
 . johnmc@ | hyperattractive.net - +1-408-296-0697 (home) .
 . http:// | johnmc.org          - +1-646-772-5141 (cell) .