Re: [vox] Comments on LokiGames

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 12:53:22AM -0800, Tom wrote:
> Have you looked at Loki's Myth 2

First game I bought.  Fell in love with this one when it first came
out for the Mac in the '90s.  Never owned it 'til Linux.

> Civilazation Call to Power, Railroad
> Tycoon,

Not my style games.

> or Heroes of Might and Magic III (my fav)?

Also not my style, but thoroughly enjoyed it /anyway/ (a testament to
it's greatness).

Didn't want to give the impression I haven't *bought* any LokiGames -
I currently own about 7 of 'em (though I paid little enough for 4 of
'em - roughly $10 each at EB games).  All bought while I had a
single-boot system.

Oh, another comment.  I snipped the part where you said 33% of geeks
would have to agree to make something a best-seller.  You don't *need*
us to make a best-seller, you just need us to buy enough copies that
you make profit.  However, people really actually do make money - and
tons of it - off of geeks.  Geeks all agree on one thing - they *love*
toys.  Hardware, software, whatever.  But geek toys are different from
other-people toys - and I think a gaming company should reflect that.

Micah