[OT] Muggles [Re: [vox] Fwd: Bill on the radio!]

[OT] Muggles [Re: [vox] Fwd: Bill on the radio!]

> One teeny nitpick: "It may be as close to we moguls get to Harry Potter's
> turbo-charged broom."
>
> That's Muggles, not moguls.  Incidentally, I heartily recommend the Harry
> Potter series.  Well worth your time.

I concur.  It reminds me very much of Roald Dahl's work, the author of
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Charlie and the Great Glass
Elevator, the BFG (Big Friendly Giant), Witches, James and the Giant
Peach, the Gremlins (!), Chitty Chitty Bang Bang... but the one it
reminds me of most is Matilda, a story about a little girl whose
mistreated about as poorly as Potter, and discovers a special
telekinetic ability to even the score a bit.  His stuff has the same
sort of enjoyable, slightly bizarre (like straight from a child's
imagination, but fixed up so even an adult can appreciate it) tone to
it.

Unfortunately, I saw the movie /just/ prior to starting in on the
first book, so the plot is pretty much spoiled for me - though I can
still appreciate the writing style (the movie was a very decent job,
and stuck fairly close to the book).  I'm looking forward to finishing
the first so I can go on to ones which aren't movies yet :)

Micah (listening to the show as we spea.. er, write).