Re: [vox] Uptime :) Linux & Unix

Here's the work machine I set up:

  10:09am  up 75 days, 23:21,  2 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.01, 0.00

And it'll be a total of 82 days uptime until I take it down for a
RH7.1-->7.2 update next week.

Can't count how many OS/package updates I've installed since then. And the
fact that I didn't have to *reboot* for each one of 'em! :-))))

It takes a plug-in & keeps on luggin'
(hope the ghost of John Cameron Swayze doesn't haunt me for that)

On the Unix side of things...

The sysadmin of the Davis Community Network posted a message recently that
he needed to reboot their main DNS box ("spoke", running Solaris) had an
uptime of 1 year, 10 months!!! Granted, it was on a UPS, so it outlived
Davis storms & such but still...no reboots for almost two years is amazing.

I think the M$-imposed limit for the Win9x series was 47 days sitting
*idle* before it would spontaneously crash. Course, if you run
applications, it'd be sooner. Much sooner.

--john