[vox] linux crashes (was: Bill on the radio!

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Ryan wrote:

> The culprit in the crash, BTW, was a corrupt FAT12 floppy someone had been
> using in a mac that I was trying to repair ( the file identification forks of
> his files had gotten zapped and the program used to create them was unable to
> open the raw files. ). There were some files that were maked as being like 3
> gigs in size, and when i tried to delete one the whole system just froze. :/

If it's a bug in the FAT FS code, it might be worth a while to report the
bug.

The first time Linux crashed on me, I was allocating shared memory several
times without freeing them.  I was connected remotely, too, and I wasn't
sure why my ssh connection stopped working.  I had to ask the ECE support
staff to open the door to the lab so I can go in and find out what
happened to the machine.  I rebooted it, then went back to work and added
the code to free the memory :)

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim