Re: [vox] Uptime :) debate

On Thu, 20 December 2001, Don Werve wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 01:51:06PM -0800, speck@blkmtn.org wrote:
> >
> > I also believe that Linux will slowly continue to expand into the i
> > corporate envirnment, but that a serious desktop aceptance is still
> > some years away.
> >

> I never said anything about Linux taking over the desktop; I think Mac will
> actually do well there.  The desktop management possible with OSX surpasses
> Active Directory, the interface is superb for novice- to general-skill users,
> it now runs Unix apps, it runs *Office*, and the hardware is much more
> stable than most Intel boxen.
>
> --
> Don Werve <donw@examen.com>

Never said you did.  That was a segway into my own thoughts.  The main reason I disagree with you on the MAC OSX posibility is that the hardware is more expensive than i386 based systems. But this is where I get into 'theoritical' and opinion based thoughts.  I have not owned or worked on an Apple product since Apple II days.  I still see OSX surviving in the Ad and graphic arts world though.

-sp