Re: [vox] [OT] we got spammed by a politician

Re: [vox] [OT] we got spammed by a politician

begin Joel Baumert <kender@geeksource.net>
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 11:06:24PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > begin Joel Baumert <kender@geeksource.net>
> >

> And what does that have to do with anything?  Two points.  First
> Wilson had a Democratic Assembly from what I remember voted
> unanimously for the so called "deregulation" bill.

my post said:

    % the democrats had their hands tied.  they just barely controlled
	 % the votes in the house, but wilson made it clear that he'd veto
	 % anything that was too different from his PUC commission's
    % framework.

yes, i said the house was barely democratic.

the house voted unanimously for the 1996 deregulation bill.  i said that too.
they voted unanimously on a bill written and sponsored by pete wilson.

* tons of well known (and mostly irrelevent) stuff deleted *

you don't need to explain what happened.  you won't find many people as up on
news and politics as i am.

my main thesis was that the current mess we're in started with pete wilson
and a republican PUC.   you wrote 120 lines, mostly an irrelevent description
of what happened.  but you never attacked this thesis.  if you agree with it,
then put a sock in it and let's get back to work.   :-)

but at the very end of 120 lines i see...

> Is Davis responsible for the re-regulation bill?  Probably not,

bingo.

> The governor badly mismanaged this situation by sitting on his
> hands blustering, but not doing what really need to be done.

also bingo.

> I think that you should spend a couple of days outside of the
> university and do a little fact checking yourself :-).

uhhh.... precisely what facts of mine were wrong?

you just agreed with my main two theses....

pete