Re: [vox] modification to the archive

> > > heh.  and how many times have you spent WAY too much sifting through google?
> > > i sure know i have!

Peter says:
> > Not too many.  If my search terms don't return the exact types of results
> > I want within the top 25, I refine my terms.  I usually get it down to the
> > first 10.
>
> ok, now i know you're trying to be funny.
>
> anyone who says they haven't gotten lost in searching google hell is lying
> their butt off.   jeff newmiller and i just spent 15 minutes searching for a
> piece of information and were only partially successful.  we all know you're
> very intelligent, but you couldn't possibly be that much more competant than
> both of us put together.

I only get lost in google when I am looking for something that is
fairly obscure in the first place.  (Or when all of the transcripts
of HHGTTG get swamped out by hundreds of pages mouring the death
of Douglas Adams :(  ).  *And* (now where did I put that special-
ability card? Ah, here it is): "Special ability: Guilelessness.  You
can tell by looking at this person just once that she is incapable
of lying."

If you don't know what a special-ability card is, you haven't LARPed
enough.  If you you've never LARPed, you really really should try
it sometime.

> change the subject line?   that idea is only slightly better than sending a
> "make money fast" email to our lists.   :)

I have to agree with that one.  If I had the time to read all of the
posts including ones that aren't responding to the questions I ask,
I'd never post.  Oh wait...

Experiencing end-of-semester whimsy,
--Alex

"Some unacceptability must be accepted."
                     --Warren