[vox] Linux on PPC

hey all (and specially Henry :) ),

does anyone have any advice on installing/running Linux on a PPC?
A friend of mine wants Debian/Yellowdog/whatever/ installed on his
powerbook G3, but I'm not sure where to begin, ie. which distro to pick
(Debian), or which is best suited for the PPC (Debian), or which would
be easiest to set up (Debian).

If I can't figure out something, I'll just install my distro of choice.
I don't think I need to mention what it is :)

thanks for any input,
-Gabe