Re: [vox] modification to the archive

On Sat, 1 Dec 2001, Rod Roark wrote:

> My main point is, if I'm doing a search there's no way I'm going to
> rely on every poster having put in a thoughtful keyword list.

I agree, but it only takes one thoughtful person who puts in the keyword
to make the entire thread accessible.  For example, let's say you post a
message about IRQs and forget to put in keywords.  And let's say a bunch
of people posts a reply but only Peter's reply has the keywords in it.
Then only Peter's reply will be available to me during the keyword search.
BUT I'll be able to crawl up and down the thread from Peter's message, so
it's like having the entire thread searchable just by one person adding
the keywords to a single message on the thread.

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/