Re: [vox] modification to the archive

On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 12:02:28PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
<snip>
> 1. a keyword is easier than writing a good subject line.

Well, I'm curious.  Where would one even enter keywords?  At the top of
the body of the message, in a faux-header line?  Or as an actual
"X-Keywords:" header?

I know that when I hit [R]eply in MUTT, I'm given the chance right then
(before I even start composing my response) to alter the "Subject:" line.

Once I'm done editing, I can edit more, but all I see are some standard
mail headers:

  From, To, Cc, Bcc, Subject, Reply-To, Fcc, PGP

All filled-out with what I want (me, who I'm sending to, the subject,
where I normally save sent-messages, and my default PGP setting).

Maybe I don't understand how the keywords thing will be implemented, but
since don't recall ever seeing it listed among any other message's headers,
or as a header I could give some content to in any of the mailers I've
used (elm, mutt, pine, mail, balsa), I think it's going to be so
round-about to set, that nobody's going to bother or know they CAN even
bother.

Like I said in my last message...  good idea, but unless we hammer people
to DEATH about it, and have details on 'how to add keywords' for every
known piece of mail client software, it's not going to be used consistently
enough to be worth it.

(In my opinion)

Now, on the other hand... nobody is stopping you.  I don't think, as you
suggested before, that anyone "hates" the idea.  I think we're just trying
to be realistic.  <shrug>