Re: [vox] a talk suggestion

Being one of the lamers that ues a gui mail client, I wish i could figure out
how to get kmail to verify your messages...

I would like a talk on gpg/pgp, and it would be a good opertunity to swap
pen-signed copies of our keys.

Of course this message is signed too, but it's messier then Pete's.

On Friday, December 21 2001 12:13 pm, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> i'm curious about something --
>
> is anyone here interested in learning gpg?  i'm thinking it would be a nice
> talk for one of our meetings, but i'm unsure about how many people are
> actually interested in such a thing.
>
> gpg is an encryption / signing tool that uses public key encryption.  you
> can do stuff like (of course) encrypt/decrypt files and "signing" files.
> signing a file is a way of ensuring authorship and that a file didn't get
> tampered with.
>
> for instance, here is a message that only henry can read:
>
> hQIOAzNLCBEt2H1HEAgAjl7toha3TIq+cMgx49gH0ugLDL5PdCkJ4qHgdSonrpvM
> xPPCAwUuz9MIDfqFx0YjMB6rKvsnXKvcJKQt8jxV2IWg2bNEf4gHpaZ9CTT7Ul57
> Quh1euGEXJm3BkcSlRuZEXbMroa7HiMpy3Hp5uB1/pb7MefMuCEkTAdoZznfMRDZ
> T2RUChX9RgqqDjM4WnUFwCYLeaK9pZ+EEciXoNyNfSNkpxEXP4AcRsnJUpyP2alA
> P422TFSQnvUcYiPY2rYQUS7wFDpRv2yxvwimLSBx3cmM21Mk6BobLKj6a8vx4tqE
> IvZl07kzshWjRhF3ys25UMpQASdlOtXtLHedpbAT1gf9GFOa9wT2zdBmXRZZRTBE
> A/z04jxUJLVLLrsjXI4vwkc0yUF/XKh4JjWgxq5WGjoNDVzr3whYBaATp70tPPRP
> mHn0gWZ9Jev0BqoT4CLqZoHAG0iOgSSCW8sKwxP1zBkYqhTOe867baZLNfwGC6PO
> wp0gRsBwcsM5j1GKhlh5EBcu10MjBrXnJJT7dQUpKv2G3WkmmkYyP7081KL34anB
> luyA2GMSWOaT/kJl883a5Onb+Z268ViEO5no6/X/5fQKgJkh9kmg3//Tl8E7srma
> tQ/lIwwaxM+bWauhuAt5LMtU3b0W3pPp/wCaxkModKJCoK/LsVR1X5C1R6MWbk7/
> X9JRAQFc63RR4VyOjtxLv2hSyxSIzyDrjSNfKP7DJiTlhZ0/5fIo3N5rsHeaO3ME
> IH0kG61D+WHXcQAuI8zc0a/SiH8ByNAYtiv4dXc0+Z/hNqAe
> =bWUn
>
> furthermore, i've signed this email.  this means that using gpg, you can
> be absolutely sure that it hasn't been modified while it was on its way
> into your mailbox.  the mutt mail client makes this sort of thing
> absolutely transparent, ie- you don't have to do anything.  mutt does it
> all for you, automagically.
>
> i know that only a couple of people here actually use gpg, but there might
> be people who have been meaning to get around to learning it.
>
> anyone?
>
> pete

- --
- --