[vox] Best Place for Researching Peripherals?

[vox] Best Place for Researching Peripherals?

I need to purchase:

1.      A cordless, optical mouse with scroll wheel for my RH7.1 box

2.      A photo-quality printer that will be networked with my RH7.1 box,
         my Win2k box, our Win98SE box, and my wife's Win98SE box.

What is the best resource for hunting down specs and requirements so that I
don't rush out to Fry's, buy something, and bring it back only to find that
it doesn't work with Linux (like what happened with that scanner that my
wife and  I bought last month)?

Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

http://www.mossroot.com
AIM: Buffalo2K   ICQ: 11646404  Y!: rscrawford
MSN: underpope@hotmail.com

invisible to the eye."  --Antoine de Saint Exupéry

"Push the button, Max!"