Re: [vox] [way] [ot] we got spammed by a politician

Re: [vox] [way] [ot] we got spammed by a politician

Hmmmm...  When it really comes down to it the Republicans
_and_ Democrats are both influenced by big business.  If
you think that the Democrats are free of big business
influence you have your head up^H^Hin the sand.  Who
made more money for the energy industry.  I bet it was
Gray Davis' decision to involve the state in the energy
commodities business using energy insiders to "help"
him out.  We will be paying for Gray's mismanagement
for over 30 years in higher energy bills.

I think that Microsoft should be punished, not because
they are a Monopoly, but because they abused it.  They
have systematically abused their advantage to maintain
their Monopoly and that is illegal.

We shall see how things turn out.  I think the ideal
remedy is to force Microsoft to publicly disclose
important interfaces and APIs.  Not behind a veil of
nondisclosures and licenses, but place them on the
web.  The only problem with this remedy is that the
discipline and the resulting efficiencies that would be
impose would probably make Windows a better product.

Hmmm... The Commandments.

Democrats
1) Demonize big business while supporting the businesses
in your districts in pork barrel spending in disaster
relief bills.

2) Create a series of patent and copyright laws that
protect your friends in the Video and Recording industries.

3) Let energy policy languish for 40 years and blame
the greedy energy companies for infrastructure problems.

4) Where there is money in anyones pockets first make
them guilty for working hard to earn it, second take at
least half of it and spend it on item #1.

5) Support torte lawyers whenever you can. Democratic
lawyers are good...

6) Math was not invented by the government, so we do not
need it.

9) If you tax the richest Americans (those making more
than $60,000) at 100% for the next 10 years we can fund
all of the items in #1 at increased levels.

11) All praise Former President Clinton.