Re: [vox] Linux on PPC

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 07:47:04PM -0800, Gabriel Rosa wrote:

> hey all (and specially Henry :) ),
>
> does anyone have any advice on installing/running Linux on a PPC?
> A friend of mine wants Debian/Yellowdog/whatever/ installed on his
> powerbook G3, but I'm not sure where to begin, ie. which distro to pick
> (Debian), or which is best suited for the PPC (Debian), or which would
> be easiest to set up (Debian).

I've suggested LinuxPPC in the past, but I was disgusted with the low quality
of the latest release. I suggest you try Debian and report back on how well
the install went. You may need to download the Xpmac X server and install it
in /usr/local, since Debian's version may not be up-to-date.

I cannot give any specific advice without knowing what sort of machine is
involved. Would you post the EXACT model name and number? Good luck!

--
Henry House