Re: [vox] "Lord of the Rings"

begin Shwaine <shwaine@malevolence.com>

> I am a very minimalistic sort of Linux
> user. It comes from my efforts to keep my machines as secure as possible,
> which means knowing as much as possible about what has been installed.
> For example, I only like dig from bind-utils installed. With Slack's
> package manager, I can explode the package into a temporary directory
> to extract dig and the libraries dig requires, place those in the
> appropriate directories, remove the temporary directories and be
> on my way.

as long as we're going off on our likes and dislikes, i'd like to take
this opportunity to say, i've always hated running water.  i mean,
why the hell do they call it running water anyhow?  have YOU ever seen
water with legs?  i sure haven't!  and how can something run without
legs?

further, have you ever noticed that when you turn the hot water on, it
initially comes out cold?  i HATE that!!  why do they call it "hot
water" then?  instead of taking a shower with "hot water", i think we
should all say that we're taking a shower with "water that will become
hot".  i mean, really.  running water is just so over rated!

the human race has gone for MILLENIUM without running water.  and what
has it gotten us?  polluted oceans.  higher disease rates.  poisoned
fish.

frankly, i wouldn't let any water into my house that i couldn't do an
md5checksum on.   who KNOWS what kind of fithly nasty viruses could be
embedded in running water?   and has anyone thought of writing some kind
of cryptographic hash for running water?!?   i think not!

whew.  i'm glad i got that off my chest!

pete