Re: [vox] Best Way to Job Hunt?

I have a link from dice to my site, when I hosted it myself, I could always track the recruiters, but I have a search agent on Dice which I found to be more effective.  I get an email daily with newly posted jobs.  I have one on Monsters and Techies.com as well, but those are not as busy.

The search agent I use is rather broad, but I would rather get a few false positives than miss some potential opertunities.  My current job I got off of a Dice posting that I followed up on.  A friend got his current job off of classified's.  Also, through reading the job descriptions, you can often sort when multiple postings are for the same position, and sometimes, you can figure out which company it is for as well.

Sign up with the contract agencies that specialize in your field.  Also, call them regularly so that tey think of you more often.  Make up a 'personal' business card with your contact information on it (name, address, phione, email and website resume link, you can hand them out during interviews or when you meet a friend of a friend that MIGHT turn into a lead.

The main reason I never turn off my Dice search agents is to keep an eye on the job market so I know when I can 'negotiate' compensation issues, and 'you never know'.

Have some friends critigue your resume. You may have missed something.  And don't forget introduction letters when you send in a resume, the rules are different on intro letters, so you can focus/expand on something more relavant to the job description

Good luck.

-sp