[vox] Re: [vox-tech] Peters Kernal Update and a Few Questions

[vox] Re: [vox-tech] Peters Kernal Update and a Few Questions

begin: Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil@dcn.davis.ca.us> quote
> On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> > begin: Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil@dcn.davis.ca.us> quote

> > > ... downloading kernal... um, wouldn't you download the patches, since you
> > > almost certainly have a kernel source close to the version you
> > > want?  Major savings in network bandwidth for everyone....
> >
> > no -- he doesn't have clean kernel source code.  it's a funky suse modified
> > kernel.   he just mentioned that suse's kernel 2.4.10 had ext3 support (which
> > didn't appear in the official kernels until 2.4.16).
> >
> > can't patched modified sources...
>
> So his SuSE disk is messed up ... but what about the LUGOD cd?

dunno if he has it.   but i did offer to burn a copy for him at next meeting.

rusty, are you going to the next meeting?

(switched to el-voxo)

pete

PGP Public Key:  finger p@dirac.org