Re: [vox] question about TFT's and flat screen monitors

Re: [vox] question about TFT's and flat screen monitors

One item not addressed in other emails.

What you want to look for is 'short-necked' in the product description.  Generally indicates a shorter depth, sometimes by up to 5 inches.  'Course, that'll run you some money.

If you game, you'll probably want to stick with a CRT monitor.  A friend who watches this stuff more than I do says that LCD(flat panel) displays just arn't quite there in regards to gaming.  Flat screens(crt) are pretty cool, but not worth the extra $100-$300 in costs to me personally, but the work systems are beginning to spoil me.

In the mean time, I've been very happy with my KDS monitor.  http://www.kdsusa.com/
This is the model that replaced the one I currently use.
http://www.kdsusa.com/product_detail.asp?prod=25&sub=p
It's a good solid 2nd tier manufacturer with a 3 year warrentee.  If your monitor doesn't come with a leats a 3 year warrentee, don't buy it.