Re: [vox] invitation to sharp electronics linux cocktail party

At 03:10 PM 11/27/01 -0800, you wrote:
>heh.   this happens to be one of my biggest pet peeves in computers --
>getting spam from a company that wants to advertise to vox (which is fine if
>it's linux related) but giving me 400 line long paragraphs.
>
>it's like --- hello?  do you realize who you're advertising to?!?
>
>anyway... yeah.   :)   i don't like lines that are more than 80 chars long..
>
>pete

Huh. Guess I'm the other way around, as I use a proportional font for
non-table text, so I can type as much as I want, ignoring the line ends.
(oops, like these.)

I also occasionally like to resize the text window and have the client
reformat the paragraphs.

I get so peeved at AOL'ers (like my sister) that--aside from forwarding
pure drivel--send it in multiply-indented "> >> > >>" lines that have had
the carriage returns *removed*, and then reformatted by multiple
incompatible mail clients (or the hoseheads operating it). GAAAA!

If I had a Drivel Filter, I'd use it in a flash.

--john