Re: [vox] the windows XP talk at UCD

> So, are you saying that because he was unknowledgable or incompetnet he
> must have been an MCSE?  I'm an MCSE, are you saying that I am
> unknowledgable or incompetent as a general statement/slander?

In my experience, yes. Sorry to say that, but it does not cover all cases of
course and was a generalization as I knew a few good MCSE's, but they also
had other experience, or just experience. The worst were those paper MCSE's
with no experience.

> That's like saying, "Oh, he had a car accident?  He must have had a drivers
> license."

No, now you are saying, "You need an MCSE to operate computers legally".
Obviously everyone needs a license to legally drive, but not have an MCSE to
legally operate a computer.

> Now, I will admit to knowing a few "paper MCSE's".  I also know several
> very skilled proffessionals who  also happen to be MCSE's.  Just as I know
> some bright people without college degrees and some idiots with college
> degrees.

Exactly, but the vast majority of MCSE's I met proffessionaly were bad. A few
good ones who had to take the exam as their company needed people with these
qualifications on paper. And if you think that all the Linux qualifications
are any better thus far they are not.

> Dude, if you are going to denigrate a person because he was a) an idiot, b)
> unprepared, c)setup or d)just along for the ride, then do so individually,
> not as a stereotypical group, 'cause everyone knows what raving lunatics
> Linux fans are, just look at the hate mail this will probably generate....
> right?
>
> -sp

I am denigrating the fact that they had billed this as a tech talk, yet none
had been prepared to answer any technical question. If you're going to go to
a University you should expect to get asked some very deep questions. Maybe
they didn't care for these to be answered, which then becomes a haven for
conspiracy theories, perhaps they are trying to hide something?

You have no reason to get so upset over this, I could easily say "most
MCSE's" next time though to cover that group. I am sure we're going to get
"paper Red Hats", lets hope they remain a minority.

Matt