January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox] I'm Trying to Love Linux...

William Kendrick wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 11:28:17AM -0800, R. Douglas Barbieri wrote:

[snip]

> Just curious... I know StarOffice is available for Win32.

> Is OpenOffice, as well?

Yes--it is available for Win32, but I don't think it is as stable as the
Linux version. I haven't tried running StarOffice yet, though. How does
it compare? Is it kinda like the relationship between Netscape and Mozilla?

> (Honestly, you really should be promoting AbiWord  or KOffice ;) )

Sorry! I just suggested something which I think works well. Besides,
it's not Microsoft!

--
R. Douglas Barbieri
doug@dooglio.net