Re: [vox] Re: [vox-announce] the new mailing lists

Re: [vox] Re: [vox-announce] the new mailing lists

begin: Henry House <hajhouse@houseag.com> quote
> On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 04:04:01PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> [...]
> > but more than that, this new list gives YOU alot more control.  the web
> > interface is nice (and lynx friendly).  take a moment to look at your
> > options page:
>
> Query: is it possible to subscribe (to allow posting) WITHOUT receiving any
> list messages?

actually, it is.  although i'd consider it ... tacky.   you can halt messages
for a couple of days if you don't want to deal with traffic.  but posting to
the list when you're not receiving message is ... rude.

> > archives
> > --------
> > the archives will be on-line in a few hours.   we lost all posts since "black
> > friday" (the day mother.com messed up our lists).  other than that, i think
> > the archives should be okey dokey.
>
> I restored most of the lost messages; I may have missed a few though. If
> anyone has a complete archive of our lists for the partial month of November
> and are willing to share it, please contact me!

cool!  i didn't know this.   are the archives completed?  you get a double
star for that.  :)

btw, i haven't been following the "lugod.org is down" thread.  i just looked
into it.  everything is fine.   the dns servers know who we are.  routing is
fine.

if someone has a problem, please contact me offlist so we can figure out
what's going on.

pete

PGP Public Key:  finger p@dirac.org