Re: [vox] invitation to sharp electronics linux cocktail party

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 02:14:54PM -0800, Alexandra Thorn wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> > this came to me already line wrapped.   bonus points to sharp electronics.
>
> Line wrapped?
>
> If that means what I think it means, it is not clear to me that it is
> such a good thing.  But then, I might not understand what you mean at
> all...

In otherwords, they didn't send a message which contained no carriage returns at the end of each line, so that it wraps strangly in most mail clients.  Kind of like this message.  See what I mean?  The fact that they hit Enter before the 80 column mark is a nice touch.  Lots of people who use modern clients on <cough> other OSes don't do this or know that they really should (for the good of the recipients).

:)