January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox] (fwd) Microsoft Tech Talk on Windows XP

On Sunday 11 November 2001 04:38 pm, you wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Nov 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > so far it's only a few maybes.   sounds like it won't be happening.  :(
>
> If you get together what you consider a large enough group,
> I will turn my maybe into a yes, but being new to this, I
> can't promise that I will bring a whole lot of heckling fodder
> necessarily.
>
> :)
>
> Alex

I will show up to ask to ask annoying questions, one of my favorite
activities is heckeling.  Here's a few questions to fire off.

"Does Windows XP detect removal of hardware and give you the option to remove the settings for it?"

"Have you added any sort of journaled filesystem support to avoid annoying scandisks?"

"Does XP have to reboot to change network settings?"

feel free to add to these, and add awnsers, since I haven't tried Win XP and don't know too much about it.