Re: [vox] is this too much?

> 2) CS class programming is virtually always done in UNIX.  Tired of endless
> days and nights in EU2's crowded, noisy, artifically-lit basement labs?
> With a Linux system, you can get your work done from the comfort of your
> own room.

Another cautionary note from grad student in Ag: something unsettling is
occurring in the Visualization lab.  As of next Fall, GIS courses will
be taught on the latest version of ArcInfo, which is exclusively
compatible with Windows.  It is also supposed to be a lot more "user
friendly."  To my dismay, *many* of the students in my GIS course look
forward to this change with happy excitement, and indeed seem to wonder
whether perhaps they should have waited a year to sign up for it.  Do
we consider these folks a lost cause?

--Alex