January 6: Social gathering

[vox] Re: [vox-announce] Nov. 19th LUGOD Meeting: "devfs", the new Linux

[vox] Re: [vox-announce] Nov. 19th LUGOD Meeting: "devfs", the new Linux hardware interface

begin: William Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> quote

> The Linux Users' Group of Davis (LUGOD), will be holding a meeting on:
>
>   Monday
>   November 19, 2001
>   6:30pm - 9:30pm
>   (Doors open at 6:00pm; please try to arrive on-time!)
>

> The meeting will be held at:
>
>   Z-World, Inc.
>   2900 Spafford Street
>   Davis, CA 95616
>

> The topic will be:
>
>   "devfs", Linux's new hardware interface
>   presented by Pete Salzman
>
>   Device Filesystem (devfs), is designed with the single purpose of giving
>   Linux a new and more sane way to manage hardware devices.
>
>   Out with the old:  major/minor numbers, device drivers, device files.

just for the record, linux will still use device drivers.   :)

i'll be talking a little bit about them, though.

pete