Re: [vox] (fwd) Microsoft Tech Talk on Windows XP

Re: [vox] (fwd) Microsoft Tech Talk on Windows XP

very serious.  we've always been to microsoft events on campus.

the first one we went to, they were giving out a free hand held computer as a
(pretty damn good!) doorprize.  one of our group won.   and to add insult to
injury, when he went up to collect his prize, he was wearing a 'linux user
group of davis' tshirt.  lol!

we also went to another one (windows 2k premier).  made signs, placards and
held a "protest" against shady business practise and shoddy programming.  as
the microsoft people walked in, we asked them if they really used windows for
their day-to-day stuff.   one of the programmers looked around and whispered
that he used linux at home.

they've always been *ALOT* of fun for everyone who has gone!

pete

begin: Alexandra Thorn <amthorn@ucdavis.edu> quote
> > comon, bill.   this is too good to pass up.  we've had a great time at every
> > microsoft event we've ever gone to.
> >
> > screw gps; they're over rated.
> >
> > if there's a few people that want to go, i am so there!!!
>
> How serious are you guys?
>
> Curious,
> Alex

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002