[vox] rotating text under linux

So, I was sitting here bashing Microsoft and Brian Lavender started
playing devil's advocate.  He made the claim "yeah, but you can't rotate
text in X."  I looked at Dia and, lo, and behold!, the FAQ says you can't
rotate text because neither X nor GTK+ support it.

However... I loaded the tried and true (and big and bloated and slow)
Star Office and discovered you CAN, easily, rotate text under Linux! :)

I loaded Star Office 5.2, selected "New Drawing", selected the text tool
and typed some text.  I selected the rotation tool and rotated.

That's not too useful, though...  most people use Word Processors to
write documents.  Having to do it all in a drawing program can be
irritating.  So, I selected the text object, hit Ctrl-[C]opy,
created a New Text Document, and hit Ctrl-[V]paste  (that's a silent 'V' :) )

Voila!  And not only does the text appear, but you can actually alter the
text (and, I assume, other attributes like font fact, etc.) from within
the word processor component of Star Office.  It even spell-checks it!

So... thanks to Brian for throwing this one out.  I learned something
useful from it. ;)

-bill!
(who should really try the new OpenOffice and/or StarOffice 6.x releases)