January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox] microsoft extravaganza

begin: Alexandra Thorn <amthorn@ucdavis.edu> quote
> > 3. Don't you think it's pretty obnoxious to use the XP launch
> >     to ram Passport down our throats?  See:
> >     http://www.infoworld.com/articles/op/xml/01/10/08/011008oplivingston.xml
> >
> > 4. Why do I have to agree to be spammed in order to use Passport?
> >     See above link.
>
> I thought that we were cutting 3 in favor of 4.

yup.   :)

> > 1. Microsoft buys us pizza for dinner.
> > 2. Don't forget to tape this week's 'enterprise'.
> > 3. Look innocent.  Act like a Microsoft supporter.
> > 4. The passphrase to find each other is "My computer just crashed".  Anyone
> >    saying this will be a lugod'er.  or  windows user.   :)
>
> When are we supposed to use the passphrase?

when you suspect someone is a lugod member, but you're not sure.  just go
right up to the person, take them firmly by the shoulders, look at them
squarely and say "excuse me, i'd like to tell you that my computer just
crashed".

they'll either give you a knowing wink, or look very frightened.

we could make a response phrase.  how about, if someone comes up to you and
tells you their computer just crashed, we can say "the rain in spain falls
mainly down the drain"?

pete