Re: [vox] Great demo!

On Sat, 27 Oct 2001, William Kendrick wrote:

> Today's demo was excellent!

I've helped at bit at the demos at Border's before, but this was my first
Co-op experience.  I had the preconception that most people who were
grocery shopping on a Saturday afternoon would be too busy to stop and ask
questions about Linux.  But in fact, there was a crowd in front of the
demo booth for the entire 3 hours, and then some.

> Notable stats: {snip}

All those handsome men huddled in one spot!  Woohoo! ;)

> The flatscreen we got is awesome, BTW.  It didn't even occur to me until
> halfway through, but I had been looking at the screen from a VERY sharp
> angle the whole time, and had no time seeing anything!  (It's LCD, BTW)

The monitor was the first thing I noticed when coming up to the booth.  It
is *perfect* for demos.  Also, Mike brought his laptop, and there was room
on the counter for him to set it up from outside the booth so that two
demos could be running at the same time.  For future demos, this might be
the way to go (one laptop, one flatscreen).  Bill was able to do a demo on
the flatscreen that several people could watch at once, and Mike seemed to
be taking people with specific questions to the side to demo for just them
on the laptop.  It was a good combination.

> > Anyway, see everyone next time!

Great job, Bill.  Thanks!

Christine