Re: WD HDs (was Re: [vox] Hard Drives are cheap...)

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, John C. Alden wrote:

> At 09:00 PM 10/25/01 -0700, Mark wrote:
> >My last WD HD (bought only about a few weeks ago) had problems.  Returned
> >a week later, got Maxtor only to find Quantum inside because Maxtor bought
> >Quantum.  But it's working well, though the system is a bit slow... I
>
> I've had most of my Quantum drives croak on me over the years (some after 6
> months). Think two were Fireballs. Good thing I do drive mirroring.

I love Quantum drives!  Don't diss'em!  I still have a 3G HD on my 166MHz
machine that's humming along after a couple years of 24/7 uptime.  I was
sad to see them merge/get bought out by Maxtor, but that just means I'll
be buying Maxtor more.  :)

FL