Re: WD HDs (was Re: [vox] Hard Drives are cheap...)

Re: WD HDs (was Re: [vox] Hard Drives are cheap...)

begin: Mark K. Kim <markslist@cbreak.org> quote
> My last WD HD (bought only about a few weeks ago) had problems.  Returned
> a week later, got Maxtor only to find Quantum inside because Maxtor bought
> Quantum.

no kidding?  that totally escaped me.   wow!  guess the "fireball" sizzled.
;)

> But it's working well, though the system is a bit slow... I
> think it's the ReiserFS, though.

fwiw, i've noticed a speed increase with reiserfs.

pete

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002