[vox] Students, cheating, mailing list, rules etc.

[vox] Students, cheating, mailing list, rules etc.

Hello Linux Users,

I have heard the discussion of what is considered acceptable when
discussing source code on this list and the poster does not state they are
not a student doing work for a class.

Can anyone provide the general guidelines on this for this list?

I am from out of this area, and have contacted CS dept chairs for my local
colleges/universities, but wanted to see what you all have chosen to use
in Davis.

I did look through the lugod web site a bit (especially the mailing list
sections) to see if I could find some rules on this, but did not find an
example list of rules on this.

I am looking for general guidelines. Suggestions?

Thanks!

-ME