[vox] (fwd) Re: Edit text

A post on the Gimp usenet newsgroup (comp.graphics.apps.gimp):

<snip>
> To me it seems that I can't select the text and delete/edit it.
>
> If you put each string in a separate GDynText layer you should be able
> to edit these with the text tool.
<snip>

Well, you learn something new every day! :)  When using dynamic text
(not the default with the text-tool, but a check-box-click away),
you /can/ have layers of text in Gimp and then go back and change what
the text says.

Now... this isn't exactly word processing, but it's closer to what
Marianne was asking about at my last Gimp talk! :)  Shame on me for not
knowing. :)