Re: [vox] Spam counter-measures

begin: Ryan <ryan@mother.com> quote
> >Ever tried contacting their ISP's, once I got so mad at one particular
> >obnoxious spammer I looked at the headers and tracked down their ISP and
> >found an e-mail address, so sent the offending e-mail to the provider,
> >who in turn stopped providing service to these individuals. Got a friend
> >who actually tracks down their telephone numbers and gives them a
> >call...
>
> I have a script that automaticly traces the headers and fires off an email.

can you post it?  i'd like to see how it operates.

> get a lot of spam from someone from bellsouth, and calling them hasn't
> stopped it

do you use maps rbl?
if you use sendmail, you can reject email based on ip address
         (exim sucks because it can't do this)
you can reject the person's ip address in an ipchains script.
use procmail to forward /usr/src/linux-2.4.12 everytime the offender sends
     you email.

pete

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002