Re: [vox] wolfenstein linux server

begin: Gabriel Rosa <grosa@ucdavis.edu> quote
> On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, ME wrote:
>
> > If this is the new Wolfenstein that is coming out (not Castle Wolfenstein
> > (2d) Beyond Castle Wolfennstein (2d), Wolfenstein 3d (first person 3d
> > shoot'em up), but is instead the new Wolfenstein (Return to Castle
> > Wolfenstein?) (rumored $10 million? from a guy who gave a presentation on
> > the gaming companies) I heard that they were using the Quake 2 engine. If
> > this is the case, they might be using the Quake2 servers or modifications
> > of those servers for network games. Searches for intersections of those
> > two values or variations on those two values may turn up some results for
> > you.
> >

> This is the new "Return to Castle Wolfenstein", based on the quake3 engine.
>
> > Are you testing their newest product for Linux? If so, opinions?
>
> The linux port... rocks :)

to put it mildly.  i think best graphics still goes to unreal (not
tournament) which hasn't been ported to linux.   for some reason, the
graphics for unreal never translated well to UT.  i've always wondered about
that.

but i'd say the most realistic, most immersive graphics award goes to wolfie.
it gave this hardened gamer the chills when he first played it.

but dang, is it hard!   :)

> > Jeff's suggestion is a great idea since you can probably do it without
> > restarting your OS if you know what you are doing, and has other
> > advantages over the one I outlined.
> >

> woah... overkill guys.

lol!   :-)

pete

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002