Re: [vox] wolfenstein linux server

begin: Gabriel Rosa <grosa@ucdavis.edu> quote

> It's kind of disappointing, such a great game with little to no documentation
> available.

whoa there, hass.

it's a free alpha release of a commercial game that won't be made available
to the unwashed masses for awhile.

it comes without warrantee, without packaging, without a CD, and of course,
without documentation.

my guess is that when the game gets officially released, it'll come with some
documentation.

> alas, after a bit of tinkering and guessing, i got it to work.
> now let's see how many users i can support on the dsl :)

just for my own self edifimucation, what was the solution?  i may want to run
a server when i get from underneath the current work load.

staff sargent pete

> -Herr Gabe
>
> On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> > gabe, i've seen zero documentation.  perhaps id runs a news server?

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002