Re: [vox] wolfenstein linux server

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Gabriel Rosa wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> anyone here have any luck setting up the linux dedicated server?
> or even finding any documentation on it?

No, haven't tried.

> I've been trying to do so on a machine with dual interfaces, and i can't get
> the server to bind to the interface i want.

If you have no freedom to specify network interfaces in the application
configuration, then you may have to reassign your physical network
interfaces to their logical counterparts.  How this would be done would
depend on the cards present... if they use the same driver, and are 3com
and/or PCI-based, you may not be able to do that.  If they use different
drivers, you can see that the driver modules are loaded in reverse order,
or if the cards are the same and the driver arguments are card-specific
(typically ISA) then you can change the arguments to the driver.

Might be easier to swap cables. :)

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing