[vox] Linux Superiority

Pete Salzman once told me that when a hard disk gets full, Windows
becomes unstable.  Our family computer is a dual boot system.  The
Windows partition is running the second edition of Windows 98.  Windows
98 has been *much* more stable than 95, but when the disk space dipped
below 250 megs it started to become unstable.   At 150 megs it became
horribly unstable. The crashes are now resulting in lost clusters/chains
or whatever.

The Linux partition has between 12 and 13 megs left on it, and it is
humming along fine with no problems whatsoever.  (With the exception of
Mozilla which has a core dump once out of every three uses.  Mozilla is
the worst, most unstable, most irritating software program I've ever
seen.  But Mozilla was buggy before my disk was filled up.)

This might be an area of Linux superiority that's not talked about much.

Bob

--
Robert G. Scofield
rscofield@afes.com