January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox] sound editor recommendation

begin: William Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> quote
> I'm looking for a sound editor for Linux (to edit sampled audio; eg WAVEs)
> and nothing I've tried works:

you have just discovered what i've known for a few months now.  there are no
good sound editors on linux.   i define good as:

1. powerful   (ie: not sweep)
2. easy to use  (ie: not sox)

i think someone ought to take sox and design a nice gtk interface for it.  it
needs to be dumbed down; nobody wants to take 5 hours out to learn a sound
application.

> This is so absolutely frustrating to me.  A few of these projects look
> really promising (Glame, ecawave, waveforge), but the fact that I've had
> NO success with ANY of them is very discouraging.

i know.   i've been there.   :(

> Does anyone have any recommendations?

maybe lugod should start a collective effort to write open source software?
sound programming is a little out of my realm of expertise, but am willing to
learn...

pete

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002