[vox] web design position for grads

FALL 2001
Financial Support Opportunity for Graduate Students

Post Graduate Researcher I (PGR) Position
School of Medicine, Office of Curricular Support

The Office of Medical Education (OME) provides support for School of
Medicine teaching programs through delivery of centralized expertise,
services and instructional resources to faculty and medical students.  OME
is an interdisciplinary team of technical, academic and administrative
support staff directed by the Associate Dean for Medical Education and the
Assistant Deans for Student and Curricular Affairs. Under the authority of
the Assistant Dean for Curricular Affairs, the unit supplies many of the
resources needed by the faculty to organize, deliver, evaluate, and enhance
the professional curriculum.

Required Knowledge and Skills
Advanced knowledge in HTML and website management tools.  SQL and XML
interest and skills preferred.  Experience with at least one of the
following: Perl, ColdFusion, Php, CGI programming. Knowledge of scientific
programming and data base analysis and implementation.  Programming
experience in C, C++, Pascal or similar language preferred.   Familiarity
with cross-platform data transfer between Unix/Linux, Windows and
Macintosh. Excellent communication skills to interact with staff and
faculty; excellent problem-solving skills.
Salary
        Salary is approximately $640.50 per month for 10 hours per
week.  This amounts to approximately $16 per hour.
        Hours to be worked are flexible and can be arranged to accommodate
the graduate student's schedule of classes and exams.  Schedules are
routinely established on a quarterly basis between the student and our
department.
Criteria for Hiring
        Selection of students for the available position will be based upon:
1.      The specific areas within OCS in which help is required.
2.      Scholastic ability of the applicant.
Available Position
                This position is currently open until filled.
        Applications may be sent to Donna Chan, Office of Curricular
Support (dlchan@ucdavis.edu).
Applicants should provide:
                College transcripts (xerox is ok)
                Letter of recommendation from your faculty advisor
        Curriculum vitae and any other information you can provide which
will help our department reach a favorable decision
We need these appointments to be for at least a year and a commitment to
this effect should be within the letter of application.