Re: [vox] Mailing list performance? (was: C/ASM question

Re: [vox] Mailing list performance? (was: C/ASM question

* Mark K. Kim <markslist@cbreak.org> [010907 21:42], about

:Is it just me or is the mailing list performance going down?  I'm getting
:mails out of order.  For instance, I've been getting replies to Foo's

	Well, if you're getting replies before the original message, then
all's well for everyone else!  In other words, it likely has something to do
with your email service, though getting a mail a few days late is pretty
strange.  Some sendmails I've seen retry every dang 10 minutes, the main
reason I think it'd be so weird.  But mother runs a lot of Debian from what
I recall, and I don't remember Exim's behaviour for retrying, but likely the
server from which the mails are being sent (franz.mother.com, a hostname I'm
sure we ALL recognize (unfortunately!)) is having problems, or your mail
server is having problems.  As mentioned above, I'm of course thinking it's
the latter.
And in case I didn't make it clear above, it's not going to be a mailling
list problem before it's a connectivity/MTA problem.

Actually!  I just looked at the headers of the message in question, and I
did receive them in order, but that made me realize that you should try that
-- compare the headers of the messages we're talking about, to see which
server(s) were having trouble.. (compare timestamps, for my incomings, all the
timestamps are within a minute apart..)

>-- End of excerpt from Mark K. Kim

HTH!

	-Ajay

(Aye.. have to change my sig again manually because of the never-to-be-fixed
franz.mother.com issue.. sigh.. ;( )

--
Milpitas, ca	atallam@telocity.net	HempVille, Planet Talarian
			http://os2man.cjb.net/pictures/