Re: [vox] Debian on Laptop

pblickiss@ucdavis.edu wrote:

> Hey all, at the last installfest Pete helped me put Debian 2.2 on my
> inherited Toshia 430 CDT.  Everything's been working fine, but I hadn't
> had a chance to test out X.  This evening I loaded X and was surprised to
> find that the pointing stick didn't work.  The cursor starts in the middle
> of the screen and the second I touch the pointing stick, the cursor jumps
> to the bottom of the screen, and will only move right to left.
> Additionally, the cursor jumps in about three steps from the right to the
> left of the screen.  I closed down the computer and rebooted with a normal
> mouse plugged into the PS/2 port on the back of the laptop.  The same
> thing happened.  I'm open to any ideas, please let me know what you guys
> think.  Thanks a lot.
>
> Patrick

Make sure that 'repeat_type' in /etc/gpm.conf is set to 'raw', and you
can
likely tell X to just use the PS/2 mouse driver.

--
Don Werve <donw@examen.com>
Jr. Unix System Administrator

"...a lion wants to eat an antelope's body, but the antelope has very
different plans for its body. This is not normally regarded as
competition for a resource, but logically it is hard to see why
not." - Richard Dawkins.