Re: [vox] Pre-Install-Fest Question

Thanks for checking on the connectivity... someone said something about this Client and getting a copy and I thought where and what for (unless we be doing a touch of gaming)

> Yes there is connectivity at the IF site. I am not sure about the
> specifics, but will find out soon.

Glad you looked at the board (maybe I was there -grey haired guy? ;-)
Anyway, from what you saw, do you think it would run Linux okay?

I may get on the off chance... just that with the Install-Fest happening the 16th and the 3rd being the last day of the Sale and Fry's only offering 15 day warrent on electronic... I be cutting it close. And if anything happened that I could not get back right away with it then I have another door-stop...

Then there is the 'new' DDR memory that I would have to get - at least that is what the fry guy was saying (I could have sworn that the manual said I could use my PC133 in it)... Fry's wanting something like $70 bucks for 256... just seemed high... just haven't had a change to shop the memory around... (recommendation on where to look on the net?)

The mother board price is killer, being they are including a 1 ghz cpu with it... nothing else close for $159...

Thoughts / Ideas ... Thanks Everyone!!! Tom

> Fry's is as good as other sources in the area, but keep your reciepts so
> you can return any bad parts. I saw the SOYO AMD board at Fry's and was
> thinking of getting it myself, but it is not time yet :-( If you want to
> get another MotherBoard that is your choice, but that may not be required.
> In regards to my questions of the MotherBoard have you had anything
> running on this before? Have you used the memory before? I was checking
> becouse I thought you may have some bad hardware. Just a thought.

   __o      Traveling down
 _'\<,_     Life's Bike Trail...
(*)/ (*)    Do you like Biking?
http://members.accessbee.com/hwy101