January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox] miracle on alvarado ave

On 14 Sep 2001, StarTux wrote:

> On 14 Sep 2001 13:44:48 -0700, Eric Engelhard wrote:
> > William Kendrick wrote:
> > >
> > > I ... Have... DSL!!!!!!!!!
> > [snip]
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > ...but thanks to Bill, I now can use gimp to morph the PacBell logo into
> > Satan and back again (with cool timing steps). Somewhat satifying.
> >
> > --
> > Eric Engelhard
>
> Yuck....I was one of those Northpoint victems, woke up to a flashing
> modem one day, and as you know the rest is history. Been using AT&T
> cable modem, been really good. Current uptime on my server is 85 days,
> not bad.

Agreed.  I'm currently using AT&T cable right now, and they have been
great.  Their tech support was helpful, and they even sent out a tech for
free to repair my coax lines when I was getting intermitten outages.
Ever since then, I haven't had an outage (or I'm not home to notice).
What's cool is when I signed up, I told them I was going to be using
Linux, so they gave me a static IP (actually Comcast did.  dunno about
AT&T's policies now).  :)

FL