Re: [vox] Well...

On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 10:47:44AM -0700, Tom wrote:
> Well, may have found a FCC number... but, it is sooo small with
> traces running through it that I can't see it... back to trying to
> trace by the chips on the board (but someone bring a magnifier to the
> Fest) -- Fry's says I can get the board and if it doesn't work for
> linux, I can bring it back... may take the chance... that Dragon looks
> awfully nice... and it would be quite a speed boost to boot...

The board is probably just fine for a desktop box that will be turned off at
the end of every day. I would personally feel leery of using a noname board
for a server though.

The neat thing about Linux is that crashes generally only happen from testing
beta kernel code, buggy / misconfigured software that accesses the hardware
directly (X and SVGAlib are the only common examples), or flakey hardware.

--
Henry House